Colorado Expungement Lawyers
Expungement is the legal process of getting one’s criminal record officially sealed so that, in effect, that individual:
- Does not have to disclose anything on the sealed record to anyone in the future
- Can rest assured that any party who performs a background check on him in the future will not be able to see anything that has been expunged from his record.
While having your criminal records sealed can help improve your reputation, your career and other future opportunities, it’s important to note that not everyone with a criminal record will be eligible for expungement. Specifically, those who can have their criminal records expunged include individuals who:
- Were arrested for but never charged with a crime
- Were charged with a crime but not convicted of that crime (either because they were acquitted of the charges or the charges were dropped by prosecutors)
- Plead no contest to criminal charges and completed all court-ordered diversion programs
- Were convicted of certain juvenile crimes (that do not include aggravated crimes)
Additionally, individuals who were convicted of certain crimes – such as drug crimes or DUI crimes – years prior and who have had no additional criminal charges filed since may be eligible for expungement. In contrast, those who will not be eligible for expungement include individuals who have been convicted of any type of sex crime or violent crime.
Colorado Record Sealing Lawyers
If you or a loved one would like to have your criminal records expunged, it will be critical that you have an experienced defense lawyer on your side. The skilled lawyers at LFM Defense focus exclusively on state and federal criminal defense, and we specialize in expungement cases. We strive to obtain the best possible resolutions for our clients’ cases using innovative as well as time-tested strategies. To do this, we rely on our thorough knowledge of the criminal justice system attained through more than three decades of combined criminal practice. We know the police, prosecutors and judges, and they know our reputation for excellence.
Our unflinching commitment to our clients, as well as our extensive legal knowledge and experience, allow us to consistently help our clients get their criminal records sealed so they do not continue to haunt them in the future. To learn more about your legal rights and receive professional advice regarding your case, let’s talk about it by sending us a message at the bottom of the screen or call us at (720) 644-5342.