Mandatory Sentencing In Felony DUI Cases

After August 11, 2017, all persons convicted of a felony DUI (Driving Under the Influence) will be sentenced to 90 to 180 days in jail prior to being placed on probation.  If an offender is sentenced to work release then the minimum jail sentence is 120 days. As noted in the Denver Post, one third […]

Lisa Moses Invited To Teach At the National Criminal Defense College

Lisa Moses, founding member and partner at LFM Defense, has long been recognized as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in Denver, Colorado.  She has been named a SuperLawyer in criminal defense for the past 11 years.  She is also the 2012 recipient of the Jonathan Olom award presented annually “… for remarkable personal […]

Intoxilyzer 9000 Print-out “Something other than the Truth”

Biggest Scandal In The History of Alcohol Testing In Colorado, drivers suspected of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of alcohol, are required to submit to either a blood or breath test.  Additionally, drivers may elect to refuse a chemical test.  If a driver chooses a breath test, the driver will be taken to an Intoxilyzer […]

Denver City Code Sentencing Reform

Sentencing in the Denver Municipal or Denver City Court will change.  Formerly, the Denver Revised Municipal Code (DRMC) provided for a one year and/or a thousand dollar fine to be assessed for each violation of the DRMC.  For example, a violation or conviction for Domestic Violence Assault could lead to a one year jail sentence […]

Make My Day Defense / Successful Homicide Defense

Although deemed by the media as a “loophole” for purposes of this story, the Colorado Make My Day Law, C.R.S. §18-1-704.5(3), states, “[A]ny occupant of a dwelling who uses physical force in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of the statute shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.”  Previous […]

Let’s talk about it.

If you’ve been charged with a crime or are concerned that you will be charged, please contact us to discuss your legal rights and receive professional advice regarding your case.